2 way switching at top and bottom of stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a double switch at the top of the stairs which operates both up and downstairs lights and a single switch at the bottom of the stairs which only operates the downstairs light. I would like to replace this downstairs switch with a double that would also operate upstairs light. Does this mean that there has to be 2 pieces of 3 core and earth between the two switches?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
sandy969 said:
I currently have a double switch at the top of the stairs which operates both up and downstairs lights and a single switch at the bottom of the stairs which only operates the downstairs light. I would like to replace this downstairs switch with a double that would also operate upstairs light. Does this mean that there has to be 2 pieces of 3 core and earth between the two switches?

:confused:

you will have to take a 3C+E form the upstairs switch to te downstairs switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back