2 Zone System , pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

just installed 2 zone valves working with with two heating hives. Everything is correctly placed. I haven’t yet pressurized system….

quick question, when I start up the system, etc, both zone valves will be closed… but I would need to pressurise the system via filling loop… so I take it this still work with valves closed as loop passes water from mains to return pipe…
So I don’t need to manually open the zone valves to pressurize the system right ?

Sponsored Links
The valves have manual levers on them for filling the system, you need to set these to manally open when filling, dont have the power on when filling

The valves have manual levers on them for filling the system, you need to set these to manally open when filling, dont have the power on when filling

Ok. But would I know how much pressure there is without the boiler on?

should have a manual guage, which boiler is it, some only give digital pressure if yours is one of them , just make sure no heating or HW demand on , you dont want the boiler or pump coming on as you are filling it

Sponsored Links
yes you will need the power on with that one , bad design

well I’m using Drayton za5 2 port valves for both zones… so just have to override both.. thermostats will be off that the time too..

Have you checked if the boiler needs a bypass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back