20 Metre Hot Water Dead Leg! Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
An unvented system has nothing to do with a secondary loop.

Secondary return, has all your advice on here been given on books that you have researched? you are certainly coming apart. :rolleyes:

Honestly gentlemen, I leave you alone for 5 minutes and look what's happened :rolleyes:

Things are in action to have me banned, just flashed on my screen, I don`t know why because I don`t believe I have abused or harassed anyone. One question before I go Goldberg do you know what and how an unvented system works? I don`t think you do. ;)

Sponsored Links
Things are in action to have me banned, just flashed on my screen, I don`t know why because I don`t believe I have abused or harassed anyone. One question before I go Goldberg do you know what and how an unvented system works? I don`t think you do. ;)
It's a mystery to me. Not that I complained, but I guess that someone may take umbrage to comments such as
Fair enough, if he can`t fekkin type then I`m f*ucked if I`d let him near my boiler. By the way, I`m a Scouser you Manc tw*at. :LOL:

Personally, I found it funny and thanked you for it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If you are banned, here's to your next incarnation ;)

Goldberg do you know what and how an unvented system works? I don`t think you do. ;)
I know how the ones that I install and maintain work.

As for the ones that you touch, I have no confidence in them working at all.

are you for real all you do is abuse and harass everyone
poundon.gif

are you for real all you do is abuse and harass everyone
poundon.gif
I think he tried to control it today, for a while anyway. Booze is a dangerous thing ;)

I like the idea of the secondary loop - as there would be negligible water wastage.
Quite so - a few tens of centimetres each time you open a tap, instead of twenty metres.

However wouldn't you have to weigh this up with the cost o[f keeping a secondary loop up to temperature - and the cost of the pump running (constantly?) too?
Yes - the running costs are small but tangible. However, you can operate the pump on a timer such that it doesn't run overnight, for example, or when the house if empty. The loop is kept up to temperature by virtue dint of the secondary water circulating, but as I said earlier you need to invest in good insulation to keep heat losses down.

Blimey - wasn't expecting to instigate a fight on here :oops:

Anyway - back to my original post?!

Just found this on the Environment Agency site - it suggests a maximum dead-leg (thought that was the term lol) of 25 metres using a 10mm pex pipe - which would hold 1.5 litres:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/drought/38529.aspx

I'm wondering then about a storage Combi to minimise water wastage and run 10mm to the Shower Room.

Sound plausible?

Think that the 10mm will have an adverse effect on the flow rate, leading to a much less invigorating shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back