20 year old boiler needs replacing what are my options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am not very knowledgeable with boilers and plumbing so excuse me if some of my assumptions and notes sound stupid.

So i live in 1 bed flat which doesn't have much only 2 sinks, bath/shower and 6 radiators. My current boiler is ideal sprint 80f, but it is not working properly i am not going into details whats wrong with it but its been neglected for some time now and i been advised to get a replacement one.

Now this boiler i have it says in a manual and i quote the description " Wall mounted, Fanned, Balanced Flue Combination Boiler". But it is not combi boiler, sure it heats property and makes hot water but water comes from a tank in the attic. (which i don't have access too for security reasons, because other flats in the property has tanks up there too.) So i am not quite sure what kind of system i have and what kind of boiler do i need? I think i have closed system.

I need a bit of help pointing me to right direction what kind of boiler do i need. My friend has got Worcester 24kw junior system boiler, would that be compatible with my system and if not what are good mid range boiler i can have in my property.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
You'd be much better shopping around for a gas safe registered heating engineer, who will be more than happy to come round and survey your setup and recommend a product that suits it.

You'd be much better shopping around for a gas safe registered heating engineer, who will be more than happy to come round and survey your setup and recommend a product that suits it.

unfortunately cant really afford to shop around, thats why i am asking for a bit of help on the forum :}

But it is not combi boiler, sure it heats property and makes hot water but water comes from a tank in the attic. (which i don't have access too for security reasons, because other flats in the property has tanks up there too.)

If you have property (hot water cylinder) up in a communal attic then you have a legal right to access for maintenance etc. Unless it is a shared tank that has a management contract to look after it. It would be unusual to have a hot water cylinder up there though with everything else within your property.

As suggested, get a gas safe Central Heating engineer in. You need to get a survey to establish exactly what you have and therefore what is achievable. There's no point is us suggesting anything without seeing the site, taking a guess isn't really worth anything to you.

Sponsored Links
A photo of the front of the unit and pipework connections would help to identify it.

Your boiler is a combi thats what you require for some reason your heating circuit has a header tank .
Is there heating pipes under concrete in your flat ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back