Two Boilers in my house....need replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice on plumbing/boilers…

I recently moved into a 5 bed house and need to replace the 2 boilers ( each over 15 years old). The property has a standard vented system (tanks in the loft) that feeds the main bathroom upstairs, utility room and radiators in the original half of the house and a combi boiler in the extension that feeds the kitchen, 2 small bathrooms and the remaining radiators in the extension half of the house.

The mains feed into the house is 22mm but it looks like the 2 boilers are fed with 15mm pipework. Pressure/flow is really good out of all the taps. Any suggestions as to what boilers systems I should put in? I like the idea of a couple of separate vented cylinders with system boilers…would that work?

Sponsored Links
Stored hot water in cylinders is about the best way of providing it.

So why not two cylinders and BOTH heated by one single boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why not cascade 2 boilers, LLH, an unvented cylinder to suit requirements.

Benefits being you have balanced wear on boilers, a back up should one go down and a back up for hot water should they both fail.

Well designed it would be an awesome system to last a good few years.

Jon

And have an awesome cost for a semi industrial system in a five bed house!

Perhaps I could fit one in my five bed house?

But why as if the single boiler fails I just repair it immediately!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back