Boiler Replacement - Regulations....!

he might just mean 15mm at the boiler.. depends how you read it i guess.

I read it with my experience of old boilers in mind ( no pun intended ). How many boilers do find with a drop of less than 1mb?

surprisingly a few! I know what you mean, but to often on here, people tell OPs "you need this or that" when we don't actually know. It "may" be required, but let the man on the job do his job is what i say

Sponsored Links
Not every boiler job needs a flush, I took out an old Glowworm Spacesaver last week, the water was crystal clear straight out of the boiler when I tipped it up, the rest of the system was the same, I didn't bother with cleanser just Fernox F1 and TF1 filter, all rads on 8mm blistering hot even the ones which really were too large for 8mm pipes.

surprisingly a few! I know what you mean, but to often on here, people tell OPs "you need this or that" when we don't actually know. It "may" be required, but let the man on the job do his job is what i say

Indeed. The only one who can really judge the job is the engineer that has measured and tested on site.

Does anybody work in the Corby area that fancies giving me a quote?

Are you still in the market, and do you live in a village just outside Corby? Wht have you discounted repairing the Baxi?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for keeping the thread going and to all the posters - We are on our third HE in a year now... see this thread

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206955

Our first one (that spawned this thread) was repaired by Baxi and it lasted exactly 12 months, failing right in the middle of the coldest weather (again) It was replaced with a new one and the engineer commented on the 15mm pipe at the boiler and he noted that the gas pressure was at its minimum allowed which he reset to around 14mb (up from 9mb I think) - Sure the rads were hot in no time but the system sounded like the flying scotsman, very, very loud - This HE failed five weeks later pouring water on the PCB and kicking out the house electrics while I was at work. :eek:

The new HE has just gone in and the gas pressure reduced back to the system minimum - We keep the heating on a constant heat setting and leave it to decide to come on or not. So far, so good. About a month now with now problems.

We are selling the house soon and whilst I don't want to lumber the new owner with a duff boiler a brand new one isn't really on the radar (especially since the Baxi insurance will just keep on replacing bits for £230 PA)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back