Boiler suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slowing getting there with finalising extension plans, but struggling and looking for recommendations for boiler plans. The current combi boiler lives under the stairs in the hall, (house is 3 bed semi, 1960’s style), it currently vents out the side of the house. When the extension is built the vent won’t be able to go out the side wall, (as it’s a single storey side extension). The boiler is over 20 years old and happy to replace but ideally don’t want the cost of having to relocate, so after some collective wisdom.
Are there any boilers I could replace it with that don’t need to vent? Is this a possibility?
Can the vent go out and through the new extension, perhaps boxed in, can it change direction and go through the roof?
Are their different boilers if venting upwards? And it will be a fair distance it needs to vent 3m+ to roof height is this allowed?
Knowledge appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Yes they need a flue, some can be flued vertical or have bends so get a installer to view and quote. Then you know.

I had a gas hot air boiler with a motor flue, but it is some thing else to go wrong.

We say boiler, clearly with hot air not really a boiler, but neither are water systems today.

Boilers can be gas, electric, oil, or solid fuel. And electric likely does not need a flue, but expensive to run.

The more rooms you heat the more it costs, so the whole idea is to only heat rooms being used, and only just hot enough, so the whole thing is about control. There have been some really silly systems in the past, like storage radiators, but main point is what suits your life style, for me geofencing is pointless, but individual room control is important, so down to what suits you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice, I’ll look for someone to visit, if a new one can stay where it is with some flue routing this would be easiest :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back