2000 Ford Focus Central Locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before anyone slates me, I have looked online and even though there is alot of material available it does not seem to cover my situation completely.

I will explain...

I have a 2000 Ford Focus - 3 door, remote central locking and remote tailgate.

Up until yesterday it all worked fine, i pottered out to the car and it unlocked fine!! (Both sides) I drove to a friends house (2 miles) went to lock the car and i heard the central locking repeat itself.

Upon investigation this is what happens:

REMOTE BUTTON
-Locks drivers door - Passenger door is NOT locked so the drivers unlocks itself again.

DRIVER INTERIOR LATCH
- Locks drivers door - Passenger door is NOT locked so the drivers unlocks itself again.

So now i'm thinking ah fair enough there must be a problem with the passenger solenoid.

PASSENGER INTERIOR LATCH
- Locks BOTH doors - Car is secure

If anyone has any idea what is happening here please help me out. I have just replaced the REMOTE battery - but this is not the issue. I have removed number 63 fuse for 10 minutes... when replaced the drivers motor activates.

Is there a problem with the feed from the control unit to the passenger solenoid possibly??

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
im not familiar with the fault but as you say it sounds as if the passenger side actuator isnt getting its feed from the control module,it may be worth checking for broken wires in the wiring to the door

Sponsored Links
Back