Ford Focus, Central Locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 99 focus and the central locking just stopped working suddenly. no apparent reason for it though. normally i can lock all doors using the key in the drivers door but now it only locks the drivers door. i can manually lock both back passenger doors but when i try to lock the fromt passenger door, all doors unlock again. also the electric window on the drivers side doesn't work any more, but the passenger window works fine, from he passenger side. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
check the wires in the door gaitor.

Thanx for the reply! 2 of the wires were broken, they are now repaired the the windows are working again but locks are still not working! It's locking and immediately unlocking again!

Sponsored Links
The locking fault is whats called cycling. When a motor fails or gets old and lazy it causes this. All the motors fire together but the lazy one is still only half way when the others have finished. This means that the others think the are unlocking and not locking - hence it opens again. Sit in the car and see which handle doesn't move, or moves last, and thats the culprit. Drivers door is favourite. You'll need a latch/motor assembly and a competeant techniciian will fit in half an hour.

Back