2000 grade lining paper or re-plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house that is covered in woodchip and have now got round to stripping it all off and it is back to the old plaster. It's edwardian house circa 1910. In the main the plaster is not blown however it has been filled in many places and not sanded down, presumably because the woodchip was just pasted over the top.

My friend is suggesting that I can probably get away with 2000 grade lining paper and then emulsion, however I am wondering whether it is better to go for a full plaster re-skim?
IMG_20200304_154842.jpg IMG_20200304_185727.jpg IMG_20200304_185827.jpg

Sponsored Links
1960s ex council house and the front room walls were filled as much as yours although had been sanded back but still had emulsion on in places, gave it a couple of coats of diluted matt emulsion as it was bare plaster mostly and sized the wall and put 1800 lining paper up and never looked back, dont forget you can use a bit of mix yourself powder filler to fill any gaps between drops and then gently sand back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back