2001 laguna

lsd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with this one :)
drives at a steady speed fine it is when u put the gas on the dial/lights go haywire and coughs and splutters for a while till a steady speed then does it again. i would like to solve this without going to the dealer if possible :confused:

Sponsored Links
very strange... does the car also do this when it is stationary, or only when moving?

only thing i can really think of at the moment is possibly the crankshaft sensor, as the ecu uses this to display rpm and control the ignition systems timing, but only if it also happens with car stationary

have a look at the crankshaft pulley too. They're a 2 part jobby with a rubber bonding holding them together which can get weak an spin doing freaky things to the alternator.

when the car is stationary it ticks over fine if you put the gas on and off quickly some times it does it but not always. seems to mainly happen when moving and put the gas down, it is like the v6 has a demon in there when fed lol

Sponsored Links
Hi Have a good look at the earth strap from the engine to the body, make sure there are no loose ends and also the earth strap from battery to engine...causes all sorts of problems HTH

thx for the tips so far but none has worked so far :( looks like it might have to go to the cash cow to get checked :cry:

could also be the voltage regulator in the alternator i suppose.
try unplugging the alternator plug and see if it still does it

Back