2001 vw polo abs/handbrake light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice please.

Car just went in for mot, hadnt noticed any problems before went in.

Came out after some work on a rear brake caliper, and something to do with emissions, not sure what it was atm.

The day we got it back after paying £230, the abs light is on all the time and the handbrake light comes on sometimes and I think I heard something beeping also?

Away to take it back to garage but just looking for some advice please so I know a little relating info.

Anyone know what it could be? Think I will have to pay more?
Dont know much about cars, i fix boilers, and I know it could be a coincedence but I very much doubt it as it was on straight after I got it back.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is an ABS sensor at each wheel hub. It's a fair assumption that one of them has been disturbed or damaged when they were at the brakes.

The handbrake light could be a back-up for the ABS light in case you don't notice it. But handbrake warning lights usually have another function... they tell you that your brake fluid is low.

I'd be looking for the garage to remedy the faults for free, or at worst I'd pay a couple of quid for a sensor but certainly not the labour for fitting it.

Also if my assumptions are correct that they disturbed/broke an ABS sensor AND left the brake fluid low I wouldn't ever take a pram to them, far less my car.

Sponsored Links
Back