2002 Vauxhall Combo Di van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the starter motor of my 2002 Vauxhall Combo Di replaced.From then the van lacked power and have a nasty engine noise when trying to speed up.Dont know whats going on can someone please give me advise.

Sponsored Links
I have to say, this is a most bizarre one.....there is a possibility (but I'm not sure how great) that the starter motor has remained in the engaged position, and the engine is now trying to turn the starter instead of the other way round.....either way, that starter has to come out again for examination.
John :)

Hi,
The problem is not with the starter,i think it is electronic because the spanner light came on.The spanner light used to go on from time to time but not for long periods.After the battery was disconnected to fit the new starter motor the light stayed on and the van lost power.The noise i was referring to was more like an old diesel vehicle noise.
William

Sponsored Links
They reckon its something to do with the fuel as they had a fault reader on it. The reading stated that the power to the fuel supply is insufficient.Would like to get some advise on what to do.
Thanks William

Back