2010 Mini, any common faults on them?

Is that the diddy 1.2 three cylinder motor? This one has a high mileage belt, 130k if I remember but there's no way I'd leave it anywhere near as long but it will be good for 70 odd k.
5 years is the time interval and you'll need the water pump and tensioners too. This belt has quite a tortuous route, doubling back on itself to turn the injector pump.
I'd go for a Gates full kit which will have all you need, minus coolant.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John!

I haven't looked at the nitty gritty yet but yes, the CFWA engine is 3 cyl engine apparently.

Went out for a good 10 mile test drive and the young lad liked it and was impressed with the power compared to his written of 2012 1.2 8V Punto.

Maybe we'll leave the belt change till 75k although I'm going to check with the local VW tomorrow to be on the safe side.

Yes, I like Gates as well although all the parts rattling about in a shoe box could be improved upon.

I seem to think this one has a mixture of plastic and steel idlers - 3 of them - together with the usual spring loaded tensioner.
Quite a gruff sounding engine ( the one I did was in a Fabia) but it was quite crisp for it's size......maybe 80 BHP or so.
John :)

Called the local VW this morning.

Interval is five years, regardless of mileage so its well over due.

Its either a belt change at the sellers expense or a deposit refund.

Sponsored Links
A further investigation, a VW garage has assured me over the phone that the full timing belt kit was changed at 62k miles in November 2016 so ticked No in the service record was a mistake.

All is well and the young lad is a happy owner of a 1.2 TDI Polo.

Thanks John!

Can only improve on the luck he had with his 2012 Punto written off when the snow was all about last.

I'll oil change with Quantum 507.00 and Mann filters every 6k to keep it mint.

Back