2012--- Financial meltdown?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading Robert Pestons article saying 2012 is boom or bust year as when loans was taken during the boom years are due for repayment , but with firms unable to pay the existing loans borrowing money will be very hard
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15889136

I have read his book called "who runs britain and whos to blame for the economic mess " and its very good reading , this guy knows what he is talking about

Sponsored Links
We're all doomed!

It just at what rate every company/shop or business goes up the wall.

Who's to blame..............YOU DECIDE!

Andy

I read Peston's article as well,he sounded downcast which was unusual for him. :p

Peston is doing just what the bankers are doing - getting rich on gloom. He's no better than they are. The sun is still shining. What are you lot panicking about?

Sponsored Links
Peston is doing just what the bankers are doing - getting rich on gloom. He's no better than they are. The sun is still shining. What are you lot panicking about?
Got your happy pills this weekend then Joe.

Australia have no such problems with nearly four terms of tough thatcherite economic policies keeping them high and dry.
Way to go.
And they also have the advantage of not being yoked to a corrupt cartel.
We deserve to go bust.

Australia have no such problems with nearly four terms of tough thatcherite economic policies keeping them high and dry.
Way to go.
And they also have the advantage of not being yoked to a corrupt cartel.
We deserve to go bust.

My son emigrated there earlier in the year...He's on well over 100 grand but only pays 20% tax.No such thing as Council tax,and VAT at 10%.... petrol 93p litre.
Food is pricier but as he says he can well afford it.If I was 40 years younger I'd be gone in a flash.

I know about half a dozen young local lads all off to oz. Nothing here for the youth and they know it.

Again you doom and gloom.

Chief among the reasons why the British are leaving include missing friends and family, and lacking a real sense of belonging

Not due to the economy is it, as you have been alluding to.

And on the same link was this...

Andrew Inkpin, Melbourne, Australia

I moved to Melbourne in 1999 from Derby, England. I would never move back to the UK. For my young family the lifestyle here is much better and I believe much safer. If I had to confess, the only thing I do miss is the old English pub.

There have always been Brits that moan and groan about the country they emigrate to...Missing the culture?...what's that?...the Royal Opera House or the bunch of hoodies on the street corner.

This isn't Britain anymore that I used to be proud of...it's a back alley of Europe.And a dumping ground for the worlds dross.

That guy had better shift if he misses the pub...at the going rate there won't be any soon.

All my family live there. Nearly everyone I know who goes comes back. Have you lived there?

All my family live there. Nearly everyone I know who goes comes back. Have you lived there?

I've spent long periods in Brazil, the States,and Canada.And given the opportunity.....which age and health won't allow....I'd go back to any of them rather than stay here.

If folks have family ties and are prone to homesickness they shouldn't leave in the first place.

Go then and stop whining. All you want is the NHS freebies that you didn't contribute to.

Sponsored Links
Back