2014 Diesel Zafira Gear Stick Freezing up

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have found on cold mornings (- temps) the gear stick won't move left and right but only up and down. Once things warm up, it's ok.
Have sprayed wd40 around the accessible gear rod areas that are accessible in the engine bay but makes no difference.
Think the issue is closer to where the gearstick is.
No idea how/moisture is getting into that area in the first place.
I need to take it apart and have a good look and get some lubrication round there.
Any ideas, suggestions, experiences?
Wondering how accessible that area is and where to look?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Had a similar model, similar age, it seems to be a thing, with age. I never needed to do it myself but iirc changing the gearstick involves removing, and re fitting, the whole part including where it connects under the “tunnel” it sits on.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Had same on my caddy a few weeks back. Hold clutch pedal whilst starting the engine and hold down for a minute or two works for me. Have been advised an oil change on the gearbox will help.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Sponsored Links
Had same on my caddy a few weeks back. Hold clutch pedal whilst starting the engine and hold down for a minute or two works for me. Have been advised an oil change on the gearbox will help.
Tried starting the car but still had the same issue. Think it's some linkage to the gearbox freezing up. Only issue is getting to it.

Back