Few Problems With Zafira Can Someone help Pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zafira 03 and i have a few problems with it

1st one is the heating
2nd lights on the heater control panel
3rd hard brake sticks in cold weather
4th back speakers cables have worn out (Can't remove window handle)
5th door hinged broke

I have these problems above, I have to main one that need sorting (1st and 3rd) the 1st one is the heating I have been reading on the form and found this for the matrix box //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72286

the heater fan work fine just a slight squeaking (sounds like from passenger side) I can't hear any clicking noise coming from drivers side, but I only get a warmish air flow when heating is on been searching the net and can't find anything so far.

the second one is the lights around the heater control panel can some please advise where i can get the bulb to replace it and how to replace it, been search around and can't find the buld to replace.

the third problem I have is the hand brake freezes in this cold weather, It did it last year but I solve the problems of leaving the handbrake off and leave the car into gear, but this year it has frozen, Been also reading on this and ppl have said that they could be a split in the cable casing but I have been out to have a look today but didn't see any splits in the case. Anyone have any other ideas?

and the 4th problem I have is the back speakers in the rear door panel have stop working and have been for about a year now, but I can't seem to remove the window handle (Them stupid manual things) to remove the door panel to get to the speaker lol, anyone got any good tuts for this (Pics are a big help if pos)

And finally the door hinge has seize up and has broken the metal on the door (where is fastens to), really need a got body work shop, does anyone know any good ones in Cheshire.

Any help would be a great help with any of this, if you need any more info then I will provide as much as i can

Thanks Pete

Sponsored Links
the heater fan work fine just a slight squeaking (sounds like from passenger side) I can't hear any clicking noise coming from drivers side, but I only get a warmish air flow when heating is on been searching the net and can't find anything so far.
Not delt with it but

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?145361-Zafira-Heater

An Owner web site

the second one is the lights around the heater control panel can some please advise where i can get the bulb to replace it and how to replace it, been search around and can't find the buld to replace.
On this one front fascia unclip it
Pull off the three dials
Under is the a white piece of plastic remove that
then there is 2 small bulb (286 capless) some same the radion needs to come out the removed the heater but I done the meriva Same set up just by opening the ashtray below and pulling the fascia

the third problem I have is the hand brake freezes in this cold weather, It did it last year but I solve the problems of leaving the handbrake off and leave the car into gear, but this year it has frozen, Been also reading on this and ppl have said that they could be a split in the cable casing but I have been out to have a look today but didn't see any splits in the case. Anyone have any other ideas?
try a bit of silicon grease around the cable entry and on the handbrake mechanism, On the Meriva after Wet it will do the same I just dont put it on as much and leave it in gear

4th problem I have is the back speakers in the rear door panel have stop working and have been for about a year now, but I can't seem to remove the window handle (Them stupid manual things) to remove the door panel to get to the speaker lol, anyone got any good tuts for this (Pics are a big help if pos)

Pull the handle away from the door then you should be able to look at the rear of it and see a small C clip. Pop it out with a screw driver ( Eyes though either as it flys off and hits them or after its flown off trying to locate it again lol

Edit Changed order on Fascia

on the door problem,is it to do with the door strap,has it pulled itself out from the metal and just floating around?
when this went on mine i used some large penny washers and rebolted the strap back to the metal work,worked perfectly.i think this problem is due to lack of grease in the general area,suggest you grease all the others before they have problems.

im wondering if you have some pipework that has perished for the heater problem hence the squeaking?

Sponsored Links
all others doors have been greased (y) , the actual metal on the door where it screws to has broke was thinking of making a new plate or something will upload a pic maybe later, when go back outside

Here is the door hinge
Sorry it’s the best pic I could get, but that’s the hinge that gets fastens to the car door, as you can see it’s a bit broke due to the door hinge failing and breaking the metal on the door, the door was also well greased.
Does anyone have any good repair solutions; was thinking replacement piece of metal welded to the door, would it work?

thanks pete

Back