20mm oval conduit & metal back boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm moving a light switch in my hallway and am having issues marrying the 1G 25mm metal backbox (with circular rubber grommet) to the 20mm oval conduit.

With liberal use of some pliers and a bit of shoving I can force the conduit in.

However I was wondering if there was a better way? Grommets maybe which "convert" from a circular to oval hole?

Sponsored Links
Forcing the conduit round using pliers is fine. You don't need the grommet in this case, which may make it easier for you. The grommet is just to protect the cable aginst sharp metal edges, but in this case the conduit will perform that task.

I'm not sure if there are oval adaptors avaliable or not but a lad I used to work with used a hacksaw to make cuts round the end of the conduit then he folded these back on themselves as they entered the KO box. seemed to do the job.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to say. TLC do the adapters, but at that price I would forget it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back