20mm Polytube to lead pipe underground, best connector???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a leak 3 feet down under crazy paving...I've dug a hole and found the connector that seems to be a 'push' fit type which has worked its way loose. What is the best way to connect lead pipe to 20mm poly pipe? Can a brass compression connector be used under ground?
Oh and before you tell me, I know I should replace the lead pipe from the road to inside the house but I haven't got that sort of cash around at the moment especially as I would want to go down the 'mole' type 'trench free' route.

Sponsored Links
The connection is known under the brand name Lead Loc although many are similar copies. They are usually made of brass.

What you have may be an incorrect bodge.

You don't show a picture or say which end has worked it's way loose.

A correct connector would not normally come loose if properly fitted.

Tony

plumbase do a good universal connector, I think its called philmac but they are the best I've used

Sponsored Links
If you keep your eyes out for a clandydocwra crew, they'll often do the job in their private time. But how far would you need to dig a trench.

IMG_1374_zps3t7fkky1.jpg

Sorted!

From the pavement to inside my garage....about 20 metres.

Not the end of the world. I used an angle grinder with a diamond blade on it, and then a medium duty breaker to get through the concrete, then it was just digging. I did 7mtrs in 90 minutes. You just need someone fitter that I am. The good thing with a ttrench, is that you can insulate tht pipe, and that also helps with keeeping the pipe safe from sharp sones.

The water board recommend a single piece of pipe from the water meter to inside the house so that there are no joints to come lose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back