21mm copper pipe ??

IMagine how we feel working on houses built in the imperial ae, and renovated when the tranistion to metric was taking place.

Different pipe sizes and materials all over the flicking place. Especially that horrible French plastic crap that was over here for a while. And that fake copper whatsit....

God I hate French engineering!!!!!!! The surrender monkeys should have stuck with Cheese and sharp knives.

Sponsored Links
Even more annoying was the Acorn push fit fittings that were thrust upon us from Uranus ?
They did not fit any pipe.....LOL

I can remember that fake copper it came out when the rhodisia crisis was on god it had a seam down the middle I've took loads out and the scrap yards hate it

Sponsored Links
Then maybe my recollection is clouded by age and it was the 31 coats of gloss that brought it out to 22.4mm.......

There is an imperial 3/4" pipe, similar to aforementioned 1/2" pipe, onto which a 22 mm fitting would never fit in a month of Sundays unless the pipe was filed down to fit ;) this pipe is more like 23mm. Wall thickness is like someone had too much copper in stock

Having said that, most imperial pipe is too slack in 22mm fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back