22 or 15mm Central Heating Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Plumbers are hard to get hold of at the moment and they don't see to want to commit to a job so forced into doing this myself

I have three new radiators to hang 2 are in new positions to free up wall space and one is almost the same position

Its just a query around pipe sizing - at the moment there are 22mmm flow and return coming down the wall from upstairs and then there is a reducer and then everything is in 15mm downstairs I would say

I asked a plumber that came around the other day and he said 15mm is fine - its been in donkeys years so I suppose it wont make much difference - due to the position of the new rads changing though there will be extra runs of 15mm pipe (1930s semi house) so its not a massive area - what do you think I should do - change all to 22mm and then just have 15mm tails coming off to rads???

Boiler is 32KW supplying 7 rads (4 upstairs and 3 downstairs (taken 1 out totally so only three left downstairs) and underfloor heating which has just gone in in extension

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Plumber has already told you 15 mm is ok. If you dont believe one that has been to site and you just want some re assurance ......its fine !!!!!:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back