220V 3KW Chinese instant hot water taps!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, so I know that many products in china can be of useless quality. There was just something endearing about the two items I bought that I thought, surely they must work? So went out on a limb and ordered both.

The result? Haven't installed them yet, so fingers crossed!

Interested to know your initial opinions though.

Basically I wanted to replace my emersion heater, and I looked over the Internet to see if anyone had invented a faucet that heated the water as it passed through it. Nothing in the UK! Or anywhere in the world it seemed... apart from China. So I ordered 2x faucets, one for the bathroom sink, one for the kitchen sink:

Details:

http://www.dhgate.com/electric-instantaneous-heating-faucet/r-ff8080812cf9abc5012cfadf3a17097f.html

and

http://www.dhgate.com/quality-goods...ermal/p-ff808081325ecded013272146c8326f6.html

The seller has included a note with them to say: Look out! voltage 220V and power 3KW. Then included his email address. (power I think is 3KW at max temperature). I'm in the UK, and from what I've read, 220V will work ok here. However I don't want to overload it and break it, since it came such a long distance, and since I can't imagine spare parts will be easily available, or that this thing will be serviceable. (although knowing china, it can just be unscrewed and simply designed)

What do you reckon? Instant hot water for all and an end to the emmersion heater, and a tank?

(I love the way on one package, they wrote value: $10 earphones for customs)

Sponsored Links
try an experiment fill the bath with an electric kettle and see how long it takes
elecrtic kettle will be 2.5-3kw

cost off hot water heated by mains gas is less than half the cost off electric

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back