Isolated hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I have just moved into a new apartment and have the below hot water challenge.
The unit installed is the Stiebel Eltron Tankless Electric Water Heater.

The apartment has 3 bathrooms, each with a shower and basin. My challenge is that I can only get hot water to the kitchen basin if I turn either a shower or basin on in any of the 3 bathrooms. Obviously having to turn another shower or basin on is not convenient, correct or the ideal for water conservation.

Have altered the temp set point of the Stiebel throughout the full medium to hot range and still cannot get hot water to the kitchen basin? Pressure in all the bathrooms is good and the heater activates immediately when they are activated. Pressure in the kitchen faucet appears just as good, but the heater will just not activate when that faucet is turned on alone?

Note: The apartment is 8 years old, was a repossession, so not easy to ask previous owners. HOA have no clue.

Would make a great Christmas present if anyone has some suggestions or have had similar experience.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean no water is supplied through the hot tap?

Or do you mean water is supplied but it is cold?

Try cleaning the aerator on the end of the kitchen tap, they normally just unscrew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back