Hot water issue

Sponsored Links
If it's a hassle don't bother ,I assumed it would be under the bath ,and it was a long shot anyway. I once ( many years ago) came across a similar problem to yours. There was a compression Tee ,the likes of which I had never seen before ,or since. There is usually a shoulder on each of the 3 ports that restricts how far each pipe can be inserted. This one didn't ,so the two pipes ,horizontally ,virtually met in the middle ,and the third branch pipe got a severely restricted share of the water !!

What’s the flow rate from the hot tap, when it comes out cold? Also what’s the flow rate in the bathroom like?

Ah right. We can rule that out. It’s not a tee to the kitchen it’s a 22-15 soldered reducer then 3 elbows tho get it to the vertical 15mm into the kitchen below. I’ve took this out and put a stop end on and put a compression tee (22-15) in the line closer to the boiler, made no difference.

Sponsored Links
9ltrs per minute cold water. About 2ltrs a minute hot. But it comes out cold until the tap upstairs is opened.

short flexi from copper to tap but I’ve taken that off and get the same 2ltrs a min coming out of the end of the copper pipe
Did you miss this Chris !

Don't follow Ches ,do you mean you have taken a new supply from close to the multipoint ,directly to kitchen tap ,and there's no difference ???

Don't follow Ches ,do you mean you have taken a new supply from close to the multipoint ,directly to kitchen tap ,and there's no difference ???

that is correct. A tee from the 22mm pipe to the existing 15mm vertical pipe to the kitchen.

The vertical section is decidedly suspect ,especially if you by passed all the elbows .

The vertical section is decidedly suspect ,especially if you by passed all the elbows .

Is there anyway of checking if the pipe is blocked? I’m fully prepared to replace the vertical section if required but it won’t be easy haha.

Is there anyway of checking if the pipe is blocked? I’m fully prepared to replace the vertical section if required but it won’t be easy haha.
Could you feed plastic pipe down through the boxed section ,and make the copper redundant ? You really need to get sight of that run.

Could you feed plastic pipe down through the boxed section ,and make the copper redundant ? You really need to get sight of that run.

as a permanent solution or temporary fix? Plastic would be easier to fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back