Hot water issue

Firstly to get a pucker supply ,and prove the existing run is the issue. You can then make it permanent ,but you will need to support the pipe with clips , and inevitably that will require taking the" boxing in" apart .

Sponsored Links
How far apart can the clips be? There is only about a meter of boxing in until the the pipes enter the corner cupboard. So could add clips above and below the box section.

If it's only 1 metre ,above and below would be ok , and of course some before and after !

Perfect. That is my job for tomorrow. The existing compression tee will be okay to use with the PAX pipe won’t it? Obviously with inserts.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Cut pipe square ,chamfer edges smooth, fit stiffener into pipe. Compression fittings are fine ,and push fit if you want. I would go all the way from tap to your " new" Tee.And if you use an isolation valve just before the tap ,fit a full bore one,if you haven't already.

Every little helps !! The internal bore of plastic pipe is less than that of copper tube ,but on mains pressure it doesn't usually make that much difference ,but I suspect your mains pressure may not be great. Oh ,and get rid of all the elbows if you haven't already.

Hello all. I’ve had a productive afternoon. Replaced the 15mm vertical copper pipe with PEX. Into the 22 x 15 tee from the main hot feed. No leaks (so far) and we have hot water in the kitchen.

In the boxed in section the pipe had a straight coupler followed by an isolation valve. Having looked through the pipe I removed there is either a blockage or the isolation valve is faulty. There is no daylight at all.

Thank you Terry and Chris for all your help!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You’re welcome, probably more Terry than me, but you got what you needed (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back