22mm Automatic Bypass Valve - Fitted upside down ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

There is a 22mm automatic bypass valve in my central heating system which was installed, in effect, upside down i.e. the head containing the spring faces down towards the floor.

The abv has actually failed as I not able to adjust it from the minimum setting and it therefore activates prematurely allowing hot water to short cycle back to the boiler when some of the radiators are not yet hot.

I am going to go ahead and replace the abv, however I was wondering if I need to re-configure the pipe work so that the head of the abv either points upwards or failing that horizontally ?

Could the head containing the spring have become filled with sludge / particles even thought the system was treated with Fernox F1 Protector ?

Can any one possibly advise ? Is there a preferred / recommended manufacturer for an abv ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back