Auto Bypass Valve on 15mm Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time to fit an auto bypass valve to my heating system but there's absolutely no space to fit a 22mm one.

My plan is to pop one into the flow/return of the 15mm pipes that the rads feed from and use a 22mm ABV with compression reducers to fit the 15mm pipes.

Is there anything I should look out for?

Sponsored Links
They're like hen's teeth and ridiculously expensive. Danfoss do 15mm, 22mm and 28mm versions but the bodies are identical; they just change the connectors.

I've got an AVDO15 as per the link above I posted, it simply replaced the original 15mm manual gate valve that was just cracked open. Mine does appear to 'let by' quite a lot though even when the heating demand is high.

Sponsored Links
Just get a 22mm valve and pop a couple of 22>15mm reducing sets in them

th

I've got an AVDO15 as per the link above I posted, it simply replaced the original 15mm manual gate valve that was just cracked open. Mine does appear to 'let by' quite a lot though even when the heating demand is high.
Is it adjusted correctly - sounds like it isn’t. Had a similar problem with mine until I adjusted it. Very easy. Plenty of 'how to's' on the net.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back