wilo smart pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

The original install of my bypass system on the central heating is in 15mm branched off the 22mm with a standard gate valve.

Do I fit a 15mm auto bypass.
Do I rip it out and fit 22mm pipe and auto bypass.

Or install a wilo smart pump which I believe does not require a bypass, my boiler is a boulter classic (1999) and does not mention anything in regards to bypass.

Regards

Sponsored Links
The Boiler does not need a By-pass, however if you have TRV's on every Radiator, then it is good practise to fit a 22mm Auto By-pass to protect the pump from a closed valve situation, rather than fitting a smart pump (i'm not convinced that they save any energy at all and cost a fortune, you would be better spending the money on a Honeywell CM programmable Room stat fitted in either the Hall or Sitting room, (removing the TRV from any radiators in this room) this would achieve energy savings by shutting down the boiler & pump when the house is warm, other rooms such as bedrooms, would continue to be controlled by individual TRVs, but the CM control wouild have overall control ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back