22mm ball valves and 15mm plastic Speedfit / Hep2O pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm renovating my bathroom and will be changing the current layout whcih means new set of pipes. The plan is to run them under the floorboards using Speedfit or Hep2O plastic pipes.

I have two 22mm water pipes running from the loft down to the bathroom:

View media item 73744
If I decide to go for Speedfit I believe will have to replace the bit that goes after the ball lever valves (reducer?) to Speedfit version and then run plastic straight from that.

The questiona are:

1. Is it a standard reducer and do I need to use copper olives + inserts to connect it to the valves?

2. Can I run 15mm plastic pipes straight from these valves ?

3. What is the best way to run the outlet water pipes from under the floor. I have two options:

a) run under the floor the chase into the wall and then out above the skirting board?
b) run straight from under the floor?

Which is the preferred method?

Also, I'd like the visible bits to be chrome. I'm aware of chrome being too hard for the plastic pushfits to grip it so was thinking of filing it off at the end. Is that the way to do it ?

Thank you - much appreciated :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back