22mm bath taps - where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I once stayed in hotel with a really huge bath. It filled in minutes and I recon must have had 22mm feed pipes to the taps.

Where on earth does one find 22mm taps? For a fast bath fill? ;)

I might be talking rubbish - perhaps it had pumped 15mm taps??

Sponsored Links
Most bath taps are 3/4". Its not the tap so much as the pressure behind the hot water.
Hotels would either have plenty of head from tanks many floors up or use mains pressure hot water.

Sponsored Links
The water outlet on the hot tap in question was about 2" wide and about 1" front to back in a roughly rounded rectangular shape. the water litterally gushed out of the thing! I really do think it's unlikely that that volume could be fed through anything like as small as a 15mm pipe.

I suspect as has already been said that the pressure was mains feed or hughe drop, I forget what floor I was on now... Think it was the grand in Brighton, can't remember now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back