22mm female --> 15mm male?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Does the above connection exist? I'm plumbing in a shower pump that has 15mm inlet push-fits, but I need to take the 22mm supply pipe down to fit this at the very last stage.

I could just use a reducing coupler, but are there any connections that have a built-in male fit so I don't have to go and get some more 15mm?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
A 22mm female iron to 15mm compression fitting is widely available, just dicard the nut and olive. ;)

Sponsored Links
As a home DIYer, I'd rather not buy 2m when I'm only going to use 20cm of it. Therefore if there's an existing connection that avoids this, I'm interested in it. Pretty simply to understand, I'd have thought?

Your suggestion of a compression fitting sans olive completely misses the point.

Unfortunately though, you will have to get hold of some 15mm pipe for this job, I understand you are describing a fitting reducer, which would work fine had the push fit tails been 22mm and the supply pipes 15mm.
But they don't make them the other way around to go up in size without using a small amount of pipe.

Surely if you're into diy then a half length of 15mm copper will come in handy from time to time (Kitchen sinks, leaks)

Alex

1/2in male or female, bent or straight? Yes there are, it depends on what the job is and its limitations. Its called a "get over" down yer.

Speak to a local merchant nicely, explain your situation. Most will have a couple of damaged lengths they'll sell you a bit off of. Avoid the 'nationals'. Mostly staffed by numpties. Especially Dumb Centre.

Thanks all. I used push-fit copper reducers and a short length of pex to reduce from 22mm to 15mm, like this (look at the bottom of the inlet pipes nearest the hot water cylinder):

img8249d.jpg

The long PEX from pump to and through plasterboard is another story, but feel free to comment on the probable plumbing conventions that declare this a serious no-no!

Unfortunately though, you will have to get hold of some 15mm pipe for this job, I understand you are describing a fitting reducer, which would work fine had the push fit tails been 22mm and the supply pipes 15mm.
But they don't make them the other way around to go up in size without using a small amount of pipe.

Surely if you're into diy then a half length of 15mm copper will come in handy from time to time (Kitchen sinks, leaks)

Alex

Cheers. I suppose it makes sense for them not to make them like that.

You are right that 15mm of copper is always bound to come in handy, however I needed to complete today and my local Screwfix does it in lengths that don't fit in my car.

Thanks all. I used push-fit copper reducers and a short length of pex to reduce from 22mm to 15mm, like this (look at the bottom of the inlet pipes nearest the hot water cylinder):

img8249d.jpg

The long PEX from pump to and through plasterboard is another story, but feel free to comment on the probable plumbing conventions that declare this a serious no-no!

Alex

Cheers. I suppose it makes sense for them not to make them like that.

You are right that 15mm of copper is always bound to come in handy, however I needed to complete today and my local Screwfix does it in lengths that don't fit in my car.

You don't have a hacksaw/pipe slice?

can you not bend it over your knee andbreak it?

This post has to be a wind up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pipe slices, 15mm and 22mm.

I have pipe benders that allow for 15mm and 22mm pipe.

I should have thought of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back