22mm flooring chipbard

I'm with catlad on the 600 c/c but I guess the theory still works with 400's. But it always seems to get messy around trimmers and double trimmers etc.

Read our post to catlad.
Regards trimmers, nine times out of ten you can still keep your joist centres round stair wells. On the tenth you slip in either one or two extra joists.
One other point. If you are the coddy, it is for you to tell trades what you want and not for trades to tell you what they will do.
Regards oldun

Sponsored Links
You are correct I am ignorant of a lot of NHBC recommendations but I do know I would not construct a floor using 22mm chipboard at 600cc, and its experience that tells me that its just too weak and won't last long.

I'm with catlad on the 600 c/c but I guess the theory still works with 400's. But it always seems to get messy around trimmers and double trimmers etc.

Read our post to catlad.
Regards trimmers, nine times out of ten you can still keep your joist centres round stair wells. On the tenth you slip in either one or two extra joists.
One other point. If you are the coddy, it is for you to tell trades what you want and not for trades to tell you what they will do.
Regards oldun

I appreciate being able to ask people to do it my way, but I was interested by the distinct opposing views backed up by reasonably sure arguments. Hence, my wonder as to what others did. I've always been one for trimming the board back to a joist. But if its acceptable the other way, it sounds quicker.....

AS for the 600 c/c, i'm afraid I just prefer the 400's regulation or not.

Sponsored Links
im afraid for me it would either be t & g boards or plane edged clamped up etc.
but im well out of the house bashing game and site work for that matter.and as i havnt been on a site for over 15 years im well behind the practices that are carried out now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back