22mm Gas reduced to 15mm?

Sponsored Links
Current gas installation sounds absolutely fine from a gas supply point of view. You'd only need to replace the tee and the 30cm of 15mm pipe though, not the whole lot.

I'm still intrigued as to why you're changing the boiler

The Potty Performa style of Main has been about from about 2000.

Whilst I always consider them totally repairable, many engineers like to pretend they are beyond repair and persuade the customer that they need a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the number of bends, but an average freestanding cooker, with a 24kw combi, with say 4 elbows is giving a 0.89 drop if my guess is correct ( on the sofa watching the Simpsons..... Can't be bothered to with it out :p

Last edited:
Current gas installation sounds absolutely fine from a gas supply point of view. You'd only need to replace the tee and the 30cm of 15mm pipe though, not the whole lot.

It is basically a 22mm gas pipe which reduced to a 15mm pipe just before it enters the boiler and cooker.

It is basically a 22mm gas pipe which reduced to a 15mm pipe just before it enters the boiler and cooker.

We already know that. Basically what everyone is saying is that your installer is correct in what he says. Just make sure that he has accounted for the cooker in his pipe sizing calcs

How many kW is the cooker?
It'd have to be about 35kW to exceed the carrying capacity of 5m of 22mm, even accounting for elbows

What's 35 plus 24 muggles?

59. OK smartypants, so that doesn't allow for very many elbows, but I was more making a point than anything else - nobody is actually going to have a 35kW cooker in their house

I know. I know. Just teasing muggles;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back