Ecotec plus 837 gas inlet 22mm

Firstly I check the working pressure at meter and more often than not have to call N Grid in (they all know me personally now :LOL: ), then I set co2 at boiler with boiler set to full power DHW, modulating by-passed, then check pressure drop at inlet with boiler on full power (DHW).

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
So are we back to calculated losses then guess the rest. There is a great difference, Tony, between your extra 20% and ChrisR's 70%.

So how can we make sure before fitting?

Thats the problem!

I think the problem is that my 20% is in respect of all new pipework that I have installed.

Chris's 70% is probably partly erring on the safe side and partly relating to existing or third party fitted. I agree with him that I have often found pipework with excessive losses and assume its partly due to solder runs and drips inside.

Tony

On the Vaillant ECOTEC , there can be upto 3mbar difference between inlet working pressure at appliance gas cock and working pressure at the gas valve .

due to the ST/ST flexi gas pipe through the appliance to the gas valve

Arf

arfurrrr said:
On the Vaillant ECOTEC , there can be upto 3mbar difference between inlet working pressure at appliance gas cock and working pressure at the gas valve .

due to the ST/ST flexi gas pipe through the appliance to the gas valve

Arf

Is there a test point provided at the isolation valve?

Sponsored Links
Not as far as I am aware!

I seem to recall that CORGI took someone to task over an excessive pressure loss in the gas pipe and had to back off when the installer fitted a test nipple at the inlet point and demonstrated that the pressure loss in the supply was within specs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back