22mm hot for my bath...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm re-fitting my bathroom. I have a 22mm hot feed from the tank in the loft for the bath.

I have a thermostatic valve for the bath (a bath filler waterfall system that goes on the wall). The connections into this for the hot and cold are 1/2" BSP with a 1/2" BSP output.

Will this slow down the flow from the hot, or should it be OK? Presumably I'll need to convert from 22mm to 15mm and then to 1/2" BSP just before the valve, as I'm struggling to find a 22mm to 1/2" BSP male direct adaptor.

I assume it's still worth running the hot in 22mm even though it'll get converted down at the valve?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Steve.

If I used a pump, would both the hot and cold need to be pumped, or can I just pump the hot?

Also if the valve inputs are in 1/2" BSP do I just run 15mm hot and cold feeds to the valve and not bother with 22mm for the hot? (assuming I pump it)

Connect it up and see how it works.
What the minimum operating pressure? Probably about 0.5 bar.

Sponsored Links
Min dynamic pressure 0.2 bar according to the manual. So you're saying try it without a pump?

I actually already have a pump in the loft for the ensuite shower so tapping into that supply for the bath would be fine, and it might well work better off the pump anyway?

Tank and pump are on loft floor which will be around 2m higher than where this valve is going in the bathroom.

That's what I have. But I have a sensible low head gravity compatible bath filler.
I think its pump or unvented for you.

I think I'll T my existing pump for the ensuite shower and run a feed from there.

I still have a couple of questions on that:

1. Do I need to run a pumped feed for just the hot to the valve or the cold as well?

2. 22mm feed or is 15mm ok? The valve entries are 1/2" BSP.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back