22mm supply pipe - what pipe size to use inside?

could fit flow restrictors on all water outlets and remove flow restrictor (if fitted) to combi.

Very much do able.

Yes, that could help. But at the moment I am changing pipework, and I can use 15mm or 22mm (price is similar). The supply is 22mm. Plumber says he would still use 15mm (that 22mm would make no difference) but I can't understand his reasoning.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that could help. But at the moment I am changing pipework

It does help and is a rather cheap alternative.

If you have a mono block sink mixer,fairly modern. then by exchanging the nozzle/aerator to something like this will reduce the flow at the tap so there is less chance of flow drop during showering.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/strom-min...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMXb_9_uj9MCFdIR0wodJdsMdQ

Your plumber has seen your plumbing so he is in the best position to advise (that sounds very un pc)

Thank you again for all your advice. I decided in the end to go for 22mm stopcock and 22mm plastic pipes throughout most of the house for cold water. The difference is huge! Water flow improved roughly twice, and using a tap has virtually no impact on shower. I am really happy with the result.

Sponsored Links
The old Alkathene pipe black in colour used in the 70's quite a bit. We normally used a 3/4 olive to change over to 22mm on this pipe
OK, I'll get better access and see if I can get a 3/4 olive on it with a 22mm to 15mm stopcock.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back