Internal Mains Stop Cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Spent all day trying to change my internal mains stopcock in the kitchen.
When I spec'd the job the stopcock appeared to be 22mm in and 15mm out.

Could not find this spec of stopcock i.e 22mm in 15mm out.

I got a polyplumb 22mm stopcock and on the out side put a 15mm reducer with 22mm pipe.

So today I took the old metal stopcock off and a surprise, the out side is fine, 15mm copper pipe to my polyplumb stopcock with 15mm reducer, no problem.

The internal mains in side though is not copper pipe as I thought when I looked at the job.

It is a plastic pipe that comes out of the concrete floor, this plastic pipe goes into the in side of the old metal stopcock. The outside dia of the plastic pipe is 21mm and the internal dia is 17mm.

To fit it to the stopcock the stopcock uses a threaded collar that screws into the pipe. On the outside of the pipe is a metal threaded collar with a nut type head. This goes onto the pipe followed by a metal washer, last onto the pipe is a rubber collar.

You then push the pipe into the stopcock, next you push the metal collar down the pipe which in turn pushes the metal washer and rubber collar into the stopcock end. You then tight the metal collar up which squeezes the rubber ring to create a water tight seal on the pipe inside the stopcock.

Therefore I cannot use the polyplumb stopcock on this plastic pipe as it does not seal, I need to get one of these metal type stockcock that is already in use.

I have looked everywhere for one of these metal stopcocks as described above which will connect to this mains plastic pipe with the fittings described.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these stopcocks.

Thanks

Neil.

Sponsored Links
WHat colour is the supply pipe - black? (Alkathene)

Try Plumbcenter, they do a good range of stuff which fits a range of sizes, though you might need to "make room".

Its 20mm plastic. You can get one from a plumbers merchants. Explain and they should provide :)

Sponsored Links
sorry this does not help.

but my service was 3/4" black plastic. i used a 22mm valve with 3/4" olive & 15mm hep insert. worked a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back