Leak on rising main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Have a leak on the rising main into the house just before the stopcock :eek: Its a black plastic type pipe, and the leak is on a slight curve before the pipe goes into stopcock.

How can I cut this pipe? can I then use a 22mm straight connector from the cut and put a small piece of copper to the stopcock?

Advice greatly appreciated as the water is turned off at the moment from the street

Sponsored Links
Be very wary of the black plastic pipe. If it is the one that springs to mind it is a strange size and very hard to find a fitting to fit it.

The only way I have managed in the past was to cut a piece off and eventually go to my local drainage center for a fitting.

No one else stocked one local to me :rolleyes:

Wait until the shops are open tomorrow before you fix this.

You will probably need an alkathene to copper adapter which fits on the plastic pipe and then you insert a small piece of copper which then goes to your stoptap.

Alternatively Travis Perkins sell plastic fittings to go on this pipe. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back