24 hr setting on Yale

If the rubber is hollow and large enough you could fit the magnet and reed switch inside the rubber. It would require that the reed switch is remote from the sensor main unit.

A more powerful magnet would operate the reed switch over a larger gap.

Sponsored Links
Right so I can use a different stronger magnet, as I'm hoping to protect caravan as a 24/7 , I presume as soon as I tick 24 on the control box on that sensor DC, it's protected, so if I wanted to enter caravan how do I enter without setting alarm off, am I correct that I would have to delete that DC via control box, then add it again when van locked up again, or is there another way, only there's nothing in manual about this, and presume there's no other way of testing alarm without it sounding.

Unfortunately you are correct the only way to enter the caravan would be to change the device status through the menu system.

Another way to do it would be to program the door contact as a burglar device and all the other sensors in your property as home omit other than your entry device which woud still have to stay as an entry device.

This way you could protect your home and caravan as normal using the alarm set using the red button and then once in the home set the alarm using the part set button and now the caravan would be protected as would your entry devices ie your door but you could move around the home without setting off pirs.

I don't use home setting, I only use alarm when we go out, but caravan isn't protected, so if I put DC 24hr, I know it's protected 24/7, when we are in house at night with alarm off,and when we're out during the day, it's not really any bother deleting DC from control box, as I don't go into caravan very often, in winter anyway.[/url]

Sponsored Links
Hi, installed 24/7 DC in caravan, all ok, but just wondered if I need to go into van, the DC will have to be deleted, and then set up again after, which is a bit of a faff, but ok, but could I enter just by putting system in standby mode ie program mode, I know this disables the tampers to change batteries etc, but as this DC is on 24/7, would this be ok or would it still be active.

Just entering programming mode wont prevent the alarm going off you have to go into devices - program siren - siren tamper off to do that , which is just as akward as
devices - edit devices select the 24hr sensor and chage its attributes.

swings and roundabouts.

Just entering programming mode wont prevent the alarm going off you have to go into devices - program siren - siren tamper off to do that , which is just as akward as
devices - edit devices select the 24hr sensor and chage its attributes.

swings and roundabouts.
OF COURSE, !!!!! Now why didn't I think of that, that's the beauty of this forum, I now have to learn DC back in as I deleted it, next time I will just change to entry or Burgler, lock it back up n change back to 24hr, thanks !!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back