24 kw water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a 24 kw instant water heater from stiebel eltron which is wired in over three phases with 2.5mm wire and 16 amp fuses, the problem is after a few minutes it always trips one phase out, i had the wiring installed by a electrician but i don't believe that he really thought about the installation before proceeding, does anyone know what size fuses should be fitted to such a unit and am i correct in my thinking that i could in theory put 20 amp fuses in without causing any problems,
many thanks,
Richard.

Sponsored Links
24KW is total 6KW per phase which at 230V works out to just over 26A.

So really you should be looking at 32A "fuses" but to safely fit those you really need larger cable.

each phase will take a little less than 32amp so you need 6mm cable and 32 amp protection.

Sponsored Links
what makes you think that your 2.4kW device is the one that the OP decribes as 24kW 3-phase :confused:

And why is 2.4kW the same as 24kW?

The original post included
Hi all, i have a 24 kw instant water heater from stiebel eltron which is wired in over three phases with 2.5mm wire
which danechip thought was wrong and said that it should be 2.4 kW based on the UK Stiebel Eltron website content. The German Stiebel Eltron website includes domestic 3 phase water heating equipment.

so are we saying the OP has a 24kW instant water heater (like he says) or some other device?

Sponsored Links
Back