240v strimmer

M

merlin50

her indoors wants a new 240v strimmer as the one i bought her a few years ago for £14.99 is rubbish and wants one that works if there is such a thing.

Sponsored Links
strimers are for edging and not much else unless you get an industrial one

its for the places the lawn mower can not get to, i cut the grass with the honda and she sorts out the bits that still need doing.

Sponsored Links
thanks john but i do not do Black and Decker even if its painted yellow, could spend a bit more if i had to. i am bit of a tools snob and it would bother me every time i saw it

We have a Bosch strimmer of some kind and I've modified it to use steel cable instead of the rubbish strimmer cord.

Works a treat, just just hit stones or sparks will fly!

thanks john but i do not do Black and Decker even if its painted yellow, could spend a bit more if i had to. i am bit of a tools snob and it would bother me every time i saw it

I know exactly what you mean :p
The two year warranty does sound attractive though.
Whatever you get, it'll still be plastic crap.
John :)

just been looking at this online STIHL FSE31 but its pick up only

Certainly thats the make to go for, and at around the same price as B&D the choice has to be obvious.

unbelievable collect only
This is due to STIHLS policy regarding the handover of machines which must be carried out so we can show you how the machine works, and any other instructions you my require.

this means i am going to have to go to a shop :eek:

found a shop they only had a STIHL FSE41 left that was on display and got it for £60.00 now she is well happy.

A good price, that :p
The line will have bump feed hopefully.....Stihl have 2 years (private use) warranty on the petrol stuff, is it the same with the electric?

yes its bump feed with two bits of line sticking out, only one years warranty, it looks well made so it should last as it will only be getting light use. it works so well i might even use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back