best petrol strimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am after a strimmer but want one that is robust, do they do industrial types, im sure i've seen them with a blade cutter as well

Sponsored Links
if you want to get a decent one then theres only one option and thats stihl. They are the industry leaders and virtually the industry standard. They are easy to use and maintain. Ive got a wide range of their stuff, takes lots of abuse and never lets me down. They have a wide range of accesories and blades etc. Have a look here www.stihl.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I have a Robin straight shaft strimmer. It's 14 years old and has never let me down. The best thing about it is that I can turn it upside down so the string, or blade, is semi-vertical for edging the lawns. Other makes I've tried just quit after a few seconds.

I don't run it upside down for very long at a time. Just a couple of minutes then reverse it to let the fuel mix run out of sponge filter. But I can do a lot of edging in a couple of minutes...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back