24s biasi no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have biasi 24s Me90, boiler is losing pressure quickly, There is no leaks or issues with radiators. Pump and air pressure switch is working fine. The diverter valve is not making pressure i suppose. The pin in diverter valve is not coming out to turn on the switch. Called a boiler repair guy who suggested that its a diverter valve. Do I need to change the diverter valve? Diverter valve makes pressure in the boiler or what? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If its losing pressure then there is a leak somewhere.

May be the pressure relief valve vent to outside.

On what basis did the boiler guy come to you and not complete the repair?

Its a very simple boiler and any normal engineer would easily diagnose the fault.

I repair diverter valves rather then replacing them. May well not be that anyway.

Tony Glazier

Thank you for your reply Tony.
The boiler engineer was not very professional I have to say. The amount of knowledge he had, I have almost the same kind of basic knowledge.
As per your advice, I have checked and the water is continously leaking from pressure relief valve vent to outside. Is there a way to replace this? or what shall be the next step. Thank you

It all depends on why it is leaking.

The filling loop may have been left open for example.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well, I am not sure. Filling loop was shut properly at all times. But its still leaking. I dont mind changing the valve, if you suggest. Thank you

If left leaking does the pressure fall to zero?

Tony

I have checked again and tight the pressure release valve. Now the leaking has almost stopped (outside) and preassure gauge is showing at 1.5 or so.
The diverter valve pin is still not coming out, (diapharm is fine checked). But I have to tell you that I did open the diverter valve (whole brass section) yesterday and cleaned it and put it back. But it never worked. Flame is fine if I manually click the diverter switch.

There can be several causes of non operation of the flow switch.

Tony

Thank you again for your reply. Any suggested causes please?
Having checked basic issues, I have come to a conclusion that I may need to change the whole diverter valve??
I am not sure if this will help but I will update you if there is any change in operation of the boiler. I will appreciate if you have something to add please. thank you

Tony why don't you write up a step by step guide on how to repair the diverter valve and also how to adjust the arm on the microswitch................

hi Tony,

I have changed the full brass diverter valve. Pressure is showing and everything seems to be working but same problem is there.
The pin on diverter valve is not coming out to depress the microswitch. Any other place to look into?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back