28mm Copper pipe underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently moved into a house built in 1963. The house has no radiators, but copper pipe runs all over the house including ground floor and first floor. They all seem to be going from under the stairs and i can close the valves to stop heating the rooms i did not need heating.

Is this a common system? I want to get each room temp controlled separately, do i need to install a temp valve at each pipe? (there are 9 off them)

I was reading about home energy management system. I guess, they also need some temp measurements to work?

Sorry if this is a very stupid question to ask

Barani

Sponsored Links
A zone valve in place of each shut off valve and a room stat or programmable room stat in each room. You may need to fit a bypass and the valves should be linked back to the boiler.

with such big pipes its crucial to constantly vary the flow temperature or you will get severe over heating...

thats not that difficult but you will need a new boiler (!) that accepts variable flow temperature with compensation controls...

no point in individual room control unless the house is very big 300m2+

Sponsored Links
the house is big and there are rooms that i dont use on a regular basis. Hence i thought of the energy management system. We have 2 boilers to power the water and the central heating. Its setup in such a way, the hot water gets priority and then both the boilers work to get the underfloor heating
Barani

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back