25mm MDPE to 28mm copper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've a bit of a situation I'm not really sure how to negotiate.

We are on private water from a well in the garden, historically the house had a gravity system and the tank in the loft space was fed by a well pump on a float switch in the tank. Looks to have been 25mm mdpe laid at some point for supply, connected into the old 28mm copper pipe to the tank.

The system was condemned on health grounds when we took on the property and we managed to get a substantial grant to upgrade the water system whereby we now have a 1000litre tank and filters in a nearby outbuilding on a pressure set with the well.
We then have supply to the house using a variable speed pump through 25mm mdpe for about ten metres before it ties into the old 28mm copper.

I'm about to redo the pipe in the house and saw some comments about there being no benefit going from 25mm MDPE to 28mm copper.

Should I stick with running 22mm through the house now?

Well have three toilets, two shower rooms and kitchen and utility sinks so lot a huge amount to supply?

Thanks for any opinions/help/advice

Sponsored Links
22mm should be fine for that. The internal diameter of a 25mm MDPE pipe is about 20.1mm and the internal diameter of 22mm copper is 20.2mm so they're essentially the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back