25mm mdpe to 28mm copper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is a connector for 25mm mdpe to join 28mm copper? or a stop cock that goes from one to the other?

Sponsored Links
unfortunately I can't water comes into the building in 25mm mdpe then 28mm copper runs from there to the unvented cylinder upstairs.

Sponsored Links
The easiest way is to use an Philmac end connector part number 7233, BSS code 72910456, + an Conex 1 x 28mm 303.

Alternative if an Philmac 7833, BSS code 72910851 + an Conex 1 x 28mm 302

is the current reducer broken?

No its not broken, its on the plans of a new build. They show 25mm MDPE coming into a stop valve under the kitchen sink, then out of that in 28mm copper all the way to the linin cupboard upstairs where it reduces down to 22mm just before the pressure reducing valve, it then goes to the unvented cylinder with a T just before the non return valve for the cold supply to give a balanced supply.

It needs that enitial 28mm so there is enougth KPa to supply everything

Why not use a 32mm supply in mdpe ?

Better flow rate and standard fittings to 1" 28mm!!

Not much difference in price either!!

Common misconception, size of pipe does not alter pressure anywhere, just limits flow.
25mm plastic will be about 22 inside so 28 mm copper inside will be point less. If it is still on the drawing board, get the mdpe changed to 32 and have 28 mm after that with everything else branching of from there. Don’t make the mistake of reducing the 28, keep it all the way to the end

Common misconception, size of pipe does not alter pressure anywhere, just limits flow.
25mm plastic will be about 22 inside so 28 mm copper inside will be point less. If it is still on the drawing board, get the mdpe changed to 32 and have 28 mm after that with everything else branching of from there. Don’t make the mistake of reducing the 28, keep it all the way to the end

Thanks, I think thats the way to go either that or run the 25mm mdpe all the way up to the linen cupboard and put the stop valve just before the inlet control set then reduce down to 22, not sure if thats allowed though..

Thanks, I think thats the way to go either that or run the 25mm mdpe all the way up to the linen cupboard and put the stop valve just before the inlet control set then reduce down to 22, not sure if thats allowed though..

I told you what fitting you need if you can be bother to read it.

I told you what fitting you need if you can be bother to read it.[/quote]

Sorry I did get that & I did look for those but couldn't find them, i'll check again. Thanks

The top fittings are an 25mdpe x 1" bsp thread + an conex 303 28mm copper x 1" female thread.

The next set are the same except the threads are reversed, mdpe x 1" female, + 28mm x 1" male thread, not so good as you can split the plastic if not careful.

I told you what fitting you need if you can be bother to read it.[/quote]

I've now found these, sorted, thanks for your help.

Thanks to all of you for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back