25mm MDPE in a 28mm compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would a 28mm compression fitting be too big for 25mm blue MDPE pipe?

If so, would a 25mm copper olive on the MDPE help at all?

Sponsored Links
I am trying to join 25mm MDPE pipe to a 1" BSP male thread. Its for a water meter.

I've already tried the 25mm - 1" BSP female Plasson coupler, but I had trouble with the plastic thread getting damaged, so I'm looking for a non-plastic solution.

What I am thinking is could I use part 9007 (from BES.co.uk) which is a 28 mm x 1" BSP Female coupler and put the MDPE into the 28mm end.

Or perhaps if I could get a 1" compression nut with a 25mm olive this could work?

Sponsored Links
Sorry i have no idea, i am sure someone else will, but why are you connecting to a water meter, surely that's the water boards job?

There's a McVeighs in Herts that may be able help you, or BSS. Other than that you may have to buy a new meter, complete with couplings.

Conex, Prestex and Kuterlite all do 25mm MDPE to 1" BSP female couplers.
Try your local BSS or Pipecentre. Local merchants tend to only do plastic MDPE fittings.

We sell hundreds of Philmac plastic male and female adaptors a year, so they must work. ;)

Most merchants will keep MDPE-compatible brass fittings, I know our local ones do anyway, just go in and ask for a 25mm compression × 1" Female Iron in brass.

Thats a common requirement and all I can say is that the problem seems to be the skill of the person trying to use it.

I dont see what the problem is.

Tony

Thats a common requirement and all I can say is that the problem seems to be the skill of the person trying to use it.

I dont see what the problem is.

Tony

Should I have used PTFE tape over the thread or is there something else more suited which I can use or do to reduce the possiblity of damaging the plastic thread and getting a water-tight joint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back