water mains stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all any advice on this would be brilliant.
I had to move my water pipe to do my extension the trouble im having is the pipe which is plastic looks to be 27mm same as the main stopcock which is an old brass tap its not 28mm as 28mm copper pipe wont fit. Yet i can only seem to find 25mm or 32mm mdpe pipe. How can i connect 25mm mdpe pipe to the old brass stopcock?????

Sponsored Links
do you have a section of this pipe? if you do you can take it to a local plumbers merchant & they'll supply you with the adapters to either increase upto the size...or reduce down...if not is there any slack in the mains AFTER the stop cock...if so can you cut a smal section out so it can be looked at?

If it's 3/4 black poly pipe then it has a few different "classes" of pipe B, C & D if I remember right. Have a look on the side of the pipe if you can & it should say what class it is, most common one was C & I think the writing was in green, D was in blue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back