mdpe problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have a short section of 25mm mdpe coming into my property and was intending to put a 25mm to 22mm copper stopcock in but I am have problems pushing a liner down in the mdpe it goes about half way and gets jammed, the other problem is it swells the pipe and the olive in the brass stopcock wont go over this diameter
could some tell me what I am doing wrong and refer me to any links or diagrams of how this should be done
thanks col

Sponsored Links
fit nut and olive first in approximate position,insert the liner and gently tap/beat the liner into submission,tighten the nut to the stopcock.To help the liner slip into the pipe smear it with a lubricate ky jelly/fairy liquid/soap/silicone lubricate even a bit of lard :LOL:

Or just warm end of pipe with hot water and it just slides in.

Sponsored Links
cheers mate just tried with hot water and it works but because of the diameter being slightly bigger I cannot fit the copper olive over it is it possible that this stopcock is for something like lead rather than poly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back