MDPE pipe kinked during fitting - problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like an a*se I managed to fold over and kink the MDPE water mains pipe poking out from the oversite... :oops:
It has striaghtened out OK, but left a witness mark on the pipe as you would expect. Should I be cutting the pipe back to below the kinked point to maintain integrity? or is it unlikely to cause a problem?
Essentially it was supposed to bend in an S from the floor to pick up the 25mm to 22mm stopcock and off into 22mm copper. I could re-jig this with an MDPE 90 elbow or MDPE to copper adaptor and then go straight into 22mm copper with 90 bends before going on to a 22mm stopcock if I had to..... but the original layout would be better. Is the kinked bit of pipe likely to cause me a problem?

Sponsored Links
Is the kinked bit of pipe likely to cause me a problem?

shouldn't do.
can't be any worse than when we clamp them to change stopcocks etc
with the proper tool.
SOT.jpg

Ah, thanks for that - I didn't know you could clamp them to change stopcocks, so as you say a kink from folding probably isn't any worse than that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back